Friday, January 23, 2009

God Sings!?!

God invented us in His image and we sing, so I guess I should not be too surprised to read that God himself sings! Zephaniah 3:17 is my 2nd memory verse and it has become one of my favorites:
  • The LORD your God is with you. He is Mighty to Save. He takes great delight in you. He quiets you with His love. He will rejoice over you with singing.
This verse, on its own sounds like a great personal promise, and I hope I can take it that way. I am not sure. Looking at it, in its context, it is part of a prophecy regarding the restoration of Israel. Read Zephaniah 3:10-20. I will need to do some research regarding this. Is this in reference to the restoration of Jerusalem that took place after WW II or is the final restoration prophesied in the end times. It looks to me to be in reference to the end times Jerusalem.

In the mean time I hold to the thought that when I am doing Jesus will, when I am abiding in His presence - He is delighted with me! He calms me! He sings over me!

The Daily Bible reading for January 22-23 is the first part of Exodus: Moses - I am part way through the plagues. The calling of Moses at the burning bush has been forever planted in my mind through a sermon I saw by Louie Giglio at the NAAC convention a few years back. God's name is I AM. That is the verb: to be in its present tense. I think it is cool that God simply identifies Himself as the God WHO IS! There is no other God! Everything that happens is part of HIS plan and HIS will. I sometimes stress because I want to see things happen in 'my' ministry that don't ever seem to come to be. But as Rick Warren pointed out in the intro of Purpose Driven Life - It is not about me! It is not about my ministry! It is about Him and whatever he is working in and through me and those around me. God put Moses in the land of Midian, tending sheep for 40 years before he called him to lead the people out of Israel. I'll just have to be content with tending the sheep I have until God chooses to use me otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment