Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Silly Egyptians

Every time I read Exodus I am amazed at how hard Pharaoh tried to hold onto the Isrealites. All through the 10 plagues and then even pursuing them into the desert and finally into the Red Sea. I guess it is kind of like us holding onto our old ways - that is our sin, our pride and our will to be in control of our own lives. We say to God, "Okay - You are Lord and Savior." We turn our lives over to God, but then we keep taking our lives back! The power struggle with God has got to stop. Our own desire's, our favorite sin's, our own self interests must finally be thrown into the sea, never to return again.

Exodus 15:1-2 Then Moses and the Israelites sang this song to the LORD:

"I will sing to the LORD, for he is highly exalted.
The horse and its rider he has hurled into the sea.
The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him....
(from New International Version)

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment